Saturday, April 17, 2010

I've been busy this weekend

Take a look at my new toy! It's an antique (30 or so yrs old) but it's solid! I scored it from craigslist for $20 and it works wonderfully!

I was so tickled about my purchase that I went straight to work after I got home from a party my mom had this afternoon. I made two different projects today even though I only planned on making one. After I completed my first project (I will post another time) I felt restless. I kept finding myself thinking about how I wished I had more lumber so I could build something else.

After much debating, I finally went out to the garage to survey my scrap pile. Not much, but I was really itching to build something else!

I surfed the KnockOffWood website in the scrap section and found a perfect housewarming gift that I could whip together for a co-worker of mine.


Tah-dah! A very simple collector shelf that took me about ten minutes to make! This will make a great shelf to put up in the kitchen to hold cookbooks! Or maybe even some pretty dishes!


I loved the way the old beat up lumber looked (heck, I didn't even take the staples out of it) so I gave it a light stain to bring out the imperfections! An awesome gift that cost nothing to make! I think my co-worker is going to love it! Don't you?


No comments:

Post a Comment