Friday, May 28, 2010

A place to sit

I was bored one day last week and found a chair plan in Ready Made magazine. Because the chair is made mostly with 2x4's I knew I needed to make it to see how I like it. The reason for that thinking is because 2x4's are much, much cheaper than 1x4's.

I was able to build the chair within 15 minutes of printing out the plans. (I used scraps I had leftover from other projects) Please note: the plans aren't the easiest to follow.

I don't think I'm able to guage whether or not I like it yet. It looks nice unfinished and it's a good, sturdy, and surprisingly comfy chair to sit on. I haven't painted the chair yet because I've been busy with other things but I plan to sand and paint it this weekend. Perhaps a nice chocolate brown or a bright white?

I hope everyone has a great holiday weekend!

1 comment: